As a homeowner, it’s quite natural that you want your windows to look as spotless as they were installed. Clean windows can allow more light to your home and can make you feel more connected to the outdoors. However, keeping the proper way to clean your windows while avoiding the pitfalls of streaking and scratching is crucial and it can be achieved with professional window cleaning services in Melbourne company. If you’re planning to take up the cleaning job, here are some tips on how to clean windows like a professional.
Why Do Streaks Appear In Windows After Cleaning & What Should You Do?
- If you’re using ammonia or alcohol-based glass cleaners, you’ll end up having streaky windows. Though they may seem like a more intense clean, after the glass dries, they can leave streaks. Improper handling and harsh cleaning or too much detergent on them will make them look ugly and leave your windows with ugly scratches. So, you must use a gentle cleaning solution on the windows.
- If there is any stubborn spot or hard grime on the glass, you can apply acetone or rubbing alcohol to a clean cloth and rub it directly on the spot. This would help clear off the hard stain and streaks. Moreover, then, you can continue to clean your window as you would normally.
- In case of stubborn bird splatter or hard grime, using razor blades or any other blade to scrape can be dangerous. This can leave permanent scratches and make your windows more vulnerable to breaking in the future.
- Use a soft microfiber towel to wipe when rubbing the solution. You can rub from multiple directions to help avoid streaking.
- If you find that you still have streaks after you’ve cleaned your window, simply rinse with clear water with three or four passes to help remove any of the remaining cleaning solutions.